Friday 6 February 2015

Guest Post: Life as a Male Blogger

I have just began my 4th week of blogging and I can not believe how much I am enjoying it.
Before I actually plucked up the courage to start my blog I was having serious doubts because i've never been know for expressing my opinions. Also I think the only other time I have used a laptop is when I play Champ Manager.


So on Friday the 2nd of January I did finally pluck up the courage to start my blog and to be honest I didn't have a clue where to start. But I was determined so I give it a go but because my wife has been blogging for over a year now I roped her into getting me started. I was really grateful for her help as I would probably still be doing it now.

I got started straight away and came up with this post, it was just a small post about myself just to let people know who I was and what I was all about and what my interests were and it didn't take me long to finish and that was it I was officially a blogger and now there was no stopping me. I was so happy I had loads of ideas in my head about my next post and a few more after that my wife said I was like a different man, in other words I wasn't been grumpy ha ha!

All night I was glued to my laptop watching my blogger stats and I kept getting a tad excited when my views went up, the feeling was really nice and when I woke up the next morning I turned my laptop on straight away even before I made a coffee which was definitely strange for me. I was so happy when it said that 18 people had read my post as it was a feeling of excitement and also shock

Over the next few days it kind of was the same story - I posted a few more new posts and I gained a few more followers a couple were male followers but mainly ladies. Everybody was being so supportive, RT my posts and leaving nice comments on my pages - some even recommending me to other bloggers and recommending others to me.

I spent a bit of time searching for fellow male bloggers and I found a few and was introduced to a couple by friends I had made and from family members who are also bloggers. To get to know more bloggers I joined a few blog chats which now I love and try my best not to miss.
During one of these chats I met a fellow male called James I found his blog really good and really enjoyed reading it, we still often tweet each other which is nice.

Becoming a blogger has got to be one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would like to thank everyone for welcoming me with open arms and the blog community is truly amazing.

I hope you have enjoyed this post.

Please feel free to visit my blog A Blokes Eye View.

Carl B

No comments:

Post a Comment