Wednesday 4 February 2015

Guest Post: Award Season Style with Blue Vanilla

I don’t know about you but I love the glitz and glamour of the Awards Season (which if you had not noticed is now upon us). The Golden Globes have been and gone and we have the BAFTA’s soon which these days rivals the Oscars for attendance of A List stars and glamour.

I hate to say the Globes were a disappointment. I can only count on one hand how many dresses looked good and happily most of the Brits won in the style stakes. The best dressed for me though was Dame Helen Mirren looking sexy and classy in a gorgeous floor length red gown by Dolce and Gabbana which showed just a hint of cleavage but covered her arms and skimmed those curves. Fabulous. Not quite sure what Rosamund Pike and Kate Hudson were thinking but shoot the stylist girls! 

It got me thinking what would I wear to an awards show? Would I risk wearing something daring and colourful or go classic? I have picked out a few dresses from the online retailer Blue Vanilla who I sampled an outfit through etailPR.  Here are three looks I would go for.
Look 1: Classic black dress with one shoulder and sequin details. Can’t go wrong with a black dress and this looks classy and you won’t be worried about tripping up or straps falling down. 
Look 2: This is a nice take on the classic LBD. Its short but the higher neckline stops it looking cheap. The lace overlay is very pretty and unless you trip up the stairs collecting your award aka Jennifer Lawrence then no wardrobe malfunctions should arise!
Look 3: Finally you have to have a bit of glitz and glamour to sparkle on the red carpet. This in style off the shoulder ‘Bardot’ sequin dress fits that requirement and would look great with a nice necklace. 
Check the Blue Vanilla website out for more dresses and etailPR for tips and blogging opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment