1. Remove odors from vintage or thrift clothing by spritzing them with a mixture of one part vodka, two parts water.
2. Cut down your closet by 25% by asking yourself this one question: “If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?” If the answer’s no, out it goes. — Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too.
4. Spray tights with sticky (read: cheap) hairspray to avoid holes and runs.
5. To stretch tight shoes, fill two freezer bags with water and place into each shoe. Let it freeze overnight. As the water freezes, it’ll gently expand your shoes.
7. Freeze jeans inside a plastic bag for two days to zap odor without running them through the washing machine.
8. If the garment you’re ironing has delicate buttons or detailing, cover them with the bowl of a metal spoon and press the surrounding fabric.
9. When it doubt, always choose the smaller denim size, since jeans stretch with wear.
11. A good tip when cleaning out your closet: Ask a friend whose style you admire to come over and help. She/he might offer new insight on how to wear certain items before you toss them.
12. If you’re unsure about an impulse or sale purchase, leave it at the store. If you’re still thinking about it when you wake up the next day, buy it.
What do you think about these little tips? Are there any you already knew or are you as in awe as I am at these creative ideas?
by Alex from Bambella Blog